India has become one of the most sought after destinations for medical tourism and Columbia Asia Hospitals has seen an exponential rise in the number of international patients availing our healthcare services.
Our International Patients helpdesk understands the special needs of foreign patients and provides appropriate attention and personalised services. We offer seamless, end-to-end services in choosing the right Columbia Asia Hospital and the right doctor. From the warmth of our greeting at the airport to your registration and discharge, we aim to create a pleasant experience.
International patient services
- Dedicated international patient helpdesk available round the clock
- Teleconsultations through video calls and teleconference with treating doctors
- Complimentary expert opinion and treatment estimate
- Language interpretation services
- Made to order cuisine
- After care / post discharge care
- Visa assistance
- Airport transfers and facilitation services
- Prior appointment scheduling
- Advance room bookings
- Provision for serviced apartments for patient and companion's stay outside the hospital
- Detailed treatment schedule customised to the patients requirements
- Concierge services (local mobile connection, registration at FRRO and with police if necessary, currency exchange, local transport, confirmation of air tickets, shopping, sightseeing and visa extensions)
- In-room internet access
- Post-discharge follow-up by treating doctor to ensure patient compliance
- Assistance for tourism options through our partners
- Cashless insurance facility with all the leading international insurance companies and convenient payment gateways
- A passport with validity beyond 6 months of stay in India
- Recent passport size photos
- Photocopy of passport
- Proof of address
- Copy of online application form
- Proof of relationship with the attendant
- Recommendation or reference from a doctor or a medical centre
- Medical letter from the chosen hospital in India
For more details, click here
How to get a visa
- Visit this Indian government’s link for filling the visa application form.
- Fill the application form and take it to the Indian Embassy along with all the necessary documents mentioned above.The visa will get approved within a few weeks.
- Patients can check availability of e-Visa in their country by clicking here
Duration and extensions
- The duration of Visa starts from the day of its issue and not from the day of the patient’s arrival in India.
- The initial time period allowed by the Visa would be either 12 months or the time required for the treatment, whichever is lesser.
- Extensions of the visa period can be sought for 12 more months with a letter stating the same from the medical facility / centre. State governments or FRROs will issue the order for extension on the basis of a recommendation from the medical facility the patient is being treated in.
- If a longer extension is required, then the recommendation from FRRO and the medical facility will be addressed by the Ministry of Home Affairs.