Columbia Asia Hospital – Whitefield has a centre of excellence for spine disorders with specialists who are well-experienced and trained at some of the best hospitals in India and abroad. The specialised infrastructure is designed to suit the needs of the patients and built for maximum comfort and efficiency. Patients benefit from advanced medical diagnostics, treatment and the personal care that only comes in facilities where the focus is on individualised, patient specific management and treatment plans. Our consultants practice evidence-based medicine, adding their own invaluable experience and follow internationally benchmarked treatment protocols.
Accurate diagnosis of spinal problems requires great expertise and cutting-edge techniques and this is offered by the Columbia Asia spine team. The spine consultants involve a multi-disciplinary team of neurophysicians, endocrinologists, physiotherapists and pain specialists to ensure that a holistic treatment is given to each patient. Patients and their families are actively involved in designing a patient specific treatment plan. All these customised care plans maximise the success of our treatments.
At Columbia Asia Hospitals, we offer minimally invasive endoscopic microscopic and percutaneous laser spine surgery for disc prolapse (slipped).
Advantages of choosing comprehensive spine surgery and treatment at the Columbia Asia Hospitals
- Dedicated team of internationally trained and vastly experienced spine surgeons, neurologists, physicians and physiotherapists
- Latest generation diagnostic and imaging facilities including dynamic digital x-rays, spiral CT scanning and MRI, all under one roof
- Use of most advanced surgical techniques and equipment for the treatment of spinal ailments with focus on minimal access spine surgeries (MASS)
- Physiotherapy and rehabilitation by experts, after the surgery ensures excellent medical outcomes and helps you quickly regain functional abilities.
Conditions and symptoms related to the spine that are routinely and effectively treated here include:
- Back pain
- Bulging disk
- Disk disease including infection and malignancy
- Lumbar and cervical spondylosis
- Cervical myelopathy
- Lumbar spinal stenosis
- Congenital / developmental defects of the spine (scoliosis / kyphosis, spinal deformity)
Benefits of minimally invasive spine surgery
- Lesser risk of post surgery complications and infection
- Shorter and more comfortable post operative recovery in the comfort of one's home
- Better clinical outcomes; patients regain their functional abilities faster
- Many pre existing medical conditions are not a contraindication for undergoing minimally invasive spine surgery.
- Minimally invasive surgery ensures quicker recovery and return to active life.
At the spine surgery unit of Columbia Asia, we also perform cutting-edge surgery for spinal degeneration related disorders that are common in the middle aged and elderly. Disc replacement, minimal invasive fusions and extended level surgical spinal decompressions are done routinely with excellent results.
All the newer technology (image guided equipment), minimally invasive spinal instrumentation and better implants like arthroplasty have improved outcomes in surgeries that are done for degenerative spine disease, trauma, infection and tumours of the spine.
Treatments and Procedures
- Lumbar decompression
- Lumbar fusion surgery (1 level)
- Micro discectomy
- Lumbar laminectomy
- Decompression and fusion with correction of the scoliosis
- Endoscopic disc replacement
- Decompressive laminectomy
- Lumbar discectomy and fusion with implant (1 level)
- Decompression and spinal fusion with implant (2 level)